Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Horrors: The Universal Horror Blog-A-Thon



It's Horrors: The Universal Horror Blog-A-Thon, running from Nov. 7 to Nov. 12; THE BLOG-A-THON THAT TIME FORGOT! Like, seriously, if you want to bolster the numbers on this thing, be my guest. For my part, I'll probably finish what I started sometime this weekend.

Cinema Fist: The Bride of Frankenstein (1935)

The monster cannot help who he is. He was created that way. He does nothing wrong in this picture except search for companionship, but the people of the town refuse to believe something so vile (in their eyes) could be anything but a "monster."
-Joseph Campanella


Blast Shields Down: House of Frankenstein

Seeing House of Frankenstein for the first time made me realize just how much Universal had missed their mark on the film. While it turned out to be a generic monster movie that tried to cram Dracula, The Wolfman and Frankstein’s Monster into the same movie, I was imagining something far greater… A buddy movie… Seinfeld for monsters.
-Matt Bias


He Shot Cyrus: Universal Monsters and Prop 8

After an eventful afternoon at an animal rights meeting, Frank found his new passion in protesting. While his protest chants aren't always the most creative (DOGGGGGGGG!), his doctor-revived heart is in the right place.
-elgringo


Blast Shields Down (via CWTB,E): Me, a Swimmer, and the Creature from the Black Lagoon

When you're young so many things that shouldn't be scary are scary, like dead bodies, and missing links, and girls. But when we get older the really terrifying stuff in the night comes out, like loneliness, and loss, and women.
-Caleb


Careful With That Blog, Eugene: Warning! The Monster Demands a Mate!

For those of you not paying attention, Florida just banned gay marriage. While Grundy and Frankenstein have a lot in common, I doubt Mr. Grundy would want to wait for a Supreme Court decision to seal the deal.
-Paul Arrand Rodgers


Thanks for participating!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for expanding it.
    I swear I'll try my hardest to write something tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, dude. This was a busy weekend for me, so I totally understand if you weren't able to do something this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's my link: http://he-shot-cyrus.blogspot.com/2008/11/universal-monsters-and-prop-8.html

    Thanks for extending the deadline! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made it!

    http://cinemafist.blogspot.com/2008/11/bride-of-frankenstein-1935.html

    ReplyDelete